Sous Chef – Hospitality Kitchen
I am seeking a sous chef looking for an exciting new role within a modern contract catering company, I am looking for a strong sous chef who would like to run their own hospitality kitchen.
This is an exciting opportunity for a sous chef looking for an opportunity to develop and be able to your own menus and producing your own food for clients and directors.
Ideally this Sous chef will be confident to work in this hospitality kitchen alone with a commis/KP. This is one of London’s leading contract caterers in the market and this is a unique opportunity to join a great team and start something exciting. You will produce the food and on larger events be supported by other chefs.
This role would suit a sous who is looking to step in to a role where they can produce their own hospitality menus. Sous chef looking for a new opportunity looking for a new challenge and to step up who can bring ideas and passion to the kitchen working with a great Head chef. These units has exceptional standards and equally great food and could give you the opportunity to grow within the business.
The suitable candidate will require a proven record of working on own initiative and used to being organised and getting the job done.
We are looking for a passionate enthusiastic sous chef who wants to cook modern food fine dining as well as canapes and working lunches.
Experience and knowledge of hospitality and fine dining essential.
- Strong Craft skills
- Ideally you would have experience within the in contract catering or high end restaurant
- You will have cooked Modern refined food as well as being able to put your own twist on the menus, producing specs to help train teams
- Planning menus and developing and design to meet the client needs for new contracts
- Good knowledge of current food trends with the desire to practice your own ideas
- Understanding of diverse cooking styles as well as knowledge of current food trends
- Happy to work in a small team
- Strong outgoing personality with can do attitude
- Happy to travel to difference sites
- Genuine and excellent communication skills with the ability to build strong relationships
- A strong team player as well as leader
- Monday to Friday ( with occasional weekends for mobilisations )
- Will include some evening for events
- Confident in ability to enable you to challenge the norm
- Financially skilled in all parts of kitchen finance
- NVQ Level 2 or Similar
- Food safety level 3 and Health & Safety Level 3 or Equivalent